Home Health Specialists expects nothing less than excellence from our health care providers.
Our staff of RNs, LPNs, home health aides, and therapists are carefully screened. Each employee completes a comprehensive application which includes employment history, competency and skills assessments, a criminal history and child abuse history. When complete, every employee is interviewed by a Nursing Supervisor.
Finally, all employees are evaluated annually by the Director of Professional Services to insure that we are providing you with the very best care.
Home Health Specialists advertises in the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Nursing Spectrum and a variety of local newspapers. We also encourage our nursing staff to recruit.
First call and/or fax us your resume. You can also email your resume via this web site and someone will call you within one business day.
Prospective employees (RN, LPN, Therapist or Home Health Aide) are screened by a Supervisor. Education level, work experience and professional skills are reviewed. At this point, the prospective employee may be granted an interview.
During the interview the prospective employee will:
- Complete an application, including resume.
- Successfully complete a Home Health Specialists home care test and a skills check list.
- Meet with either the Director of Professional Service or a Nursing Supervisor. Applicable Home Health Specialist policies are reviewed. Education level, work experience and professional skills are discussed in detail.
- Submit all documents needed for a complete nursing personnel file.
- Meet with a representative from Human Resources who will review all employee benefits. The prospective employee will receive a written copy of all employee benefits.
All applications are reviewed with the Director of Professional Services. If the applicant is hired, the following steps are taken before assignment to a client:
- A personnel file must be completed.
- All Professional licenses are authenticated with the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Criminal History and Child Abuse History is due at the time of hire and must be updated every three years.
- FBI clearance is due at the time of hire.
A personalized orientation to a client's care is scheduled and completed at the client's home.
Skills Competency Evaluation
An on-site Skills Competency Evaluation is scheduled with the employee and a supervisor. The employee is evaluated using the Home Health Specialists Skills Competency Evaulation Form.
All employees are evaluated annually for the following:
- Up-to-date personnel files
- Current professional license
- Frequency of absenteeism and lateness
- Skills Competency
- Patient and/or family comments
- Interaction with office personnel
- Completion of inservice and continuing education requirements
- Feedback from field supervisors
Employee File Requirements
Please provide the following information to the nursing supervisor after you have completed your application;
- Photo I.D.
- Social Security Card or other proof of citizenship
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Clearance (When applying register under Education and Department of Public Welfare)
- Automobile Insurance
- Hepatitis - B Vaccine Acknowledgement Form
- CPR Card
- Health Exam/PPD Results
- Nursing License
- Malpractice Insurance (We urge all nurses to carry malpractice insurance). If you currently do not have insurance there are several listed in the nursing journals like Nurses Service Organization (1-800-247-1500. This is not a recommendation but an example of the listings you can find in most nursing journals.
- 2 professional references
- Application, Home Care test.